Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some catching up to do...

Well, I can certainly tell that market season is here . . . there's little time left for much else (including blogging). The first farmers market was last Thursday - - I was out of town, so my mom and grandma "manned" my booth for me. I think they had a blast selling the radishes, rhubarb, and vintage linens. I printed up some recipe cards for a rhubarb dessert and mom & g'ma tell me that was what sold it all.

Spent Memorial Day weekend at the cabin on Norway Lake in MN and had a great time reading, relaxing, and enjoying the warm & breezy weather. It was our first vist to the cabin since DH's dad (Ken) passed away and it was tough for all of us, but we know Ken would want us to enjoy the place and celebrate his life rather than mourn his death.

My little "fish":
DH agreed to work for three weeks at the firm of an advisory board member. He commutes 200 miles a day and works nearly 12 hours. This is going to be a very long three weeks. Plus, DD has bible school this week and started at her new daycare center. Oy vay!

My '98 Jeep has been a great vehicle; it's got 142,000 miles on it and I've had it for almost 5 years (the longest I've ever owned a vehicle) without any problems. But, the tranny is starting to slip a bit, the starter needs to be replaced, and the brakes are getting worn. Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me: I noticed a crack in the windshield after I ran it through the car wash. So, I drove it down to the Honda dealer and traded it for a 2002 Accord. I'd been keeping an eye out for a used Accord for about six months now and the "one" came in over the weekend. I pick it up tomorrow noon.

The kittens are doing well - - they're starting to get into that playful stage. There are four left (out of five) and one is much small than the others. I find myself rooting for that little one, although I know I should let "nature take its course." Last week I went to see two of the coolest chicks I know: my friend Diana who lives in MN and then I stopped to see Kelli on the way home. I really admire these gals: they're both incredibly creative, intelligent, caring, hard-working, and easy to be around. I always feel better after spending time with them. Trying to get Diana hooked on the "blog thing."

Spent Sunday afternoon at the local lake. Took a picnic lunch, magazines, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. (Noticed a "theme" in the photos? DD is just nuts about her new Strawberry Shortcake sunglasses. Ah, to be a little girl again... )

1 comment:

sugarcreekfarm said...

Congrats on the new wheels! And I hope you post updates on your farmers market experiences. I'm always interested in the mechanics of that venture...hopefully I'll be able to do it myself someday.