Sunday, October 22, 2006

From zen to zero in 24 hours flat

ZEN:
Spent the weekend in St. Paul at Women of Faith (WOF). WOF was awesome, as usual, and I brought along 14 ladies from church (several who had never been).

I have to admit, the whole time I was in the Twin Cities, I couldn't help but watch over my shoulder in case Cathy Z was around. Ok, so I'm a "fan." Yeah, so what?! We had some time to shop at the Mall of America (lots of time spent at Archivers) and I kept thinking, "is she around the corner and I'm just gonna happen to bump into her?" How would I react - - probably like a star-struck idiot. No sign of cz, but I did buy this.

ZERO:
Then, I come home and go to cz's blog (still on my "links" list "in memoriam"). She's been talking about giving up the blog for a bit. Then, she did the unthinkable! She completely removed it!!! **sniffle**

ZEN:
While I was away, DH was very busy working on projects around the house. He cut a vent into the wall so the warm air from the corn stove can drift upstairs, hung the new front storm door, installed a new smoke alarm, and cleaned the house! He even made a batch of chili and chocolate chip cookies. In fact, he's making a batch of my favorite cookies (oatmeal raisin) right now. Nope, not trading him in for a while.

ZERO:
The chickens have really laid off laying eggs (1-3 a day). We were so spoiled for so long with 4-6 a day! The power was installed in the new building a couple days ago, so we'll drag a line from the new building to the chicken coop to keep a little extra light and heat for the girls this winter. Maybe that will help a bit.

No comments: