Monday, January 15, 2007

Still snowing


My DH is out there blowing snow and I sit here in front of the warm stove, eating good oatmeal (while my DD eats the instant kind), sipping hot coffee, and typing on the computer. I guess I'm a bit spoiled. But the division of duty line is clearly drawn for this husband and wife when it comes to blowing snow. Not that I won't do it, 'cause I have (willingly). But since this is the real "first snow" and all, I think it's only fair to let DH have the pleasure. . .
It's still snowing and classes have been delayed 2 hours.
My mom gave us tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Performing Arts Center (PAC) in Cedar Falls. We drove up there yesterday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had front row center seats. Literally behind the conductor. So cool. Since DH used to design orchestra pits, it was especially cool. In fact the pit at the PAC was made by the company he used to work for. It was sometimes a little difficult to see beyond the 70's funk music and not see this show as blasphemous, but the performances were outstanding and the ending scene was breathtaking. DH and I have a certain view of the last days of Christ (in our minds, it was more accurately portrayed in The Passion of the Christ), but we agreed after the show that if more people come to Christ through this show, it's all good. Ted Neeley played Jesus Christ - - yes, the same Ted Neeley that played Christ in the 1973 movie version. Thanks, Mom!!!

1 comment:

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hubby is Mr. Snowblower in our house too. I will take a shovel and do the front walk or the back deck but Hubby seems perfectly content to do the snowblowing. Fine by me - loud power tools kind of put me on edge. I don't think he really wants to teach me how to run the blower - maybe it's a guy thing. ;-)