Friday, June 08, 2007

Check this out

Young Corn by Grant Wood

Last night, I was driving home from vacation bible school (VBS) and heard this great interview by none other than Paul & Sandy Coughlin, of Reluctant Entertaining. I've been really inspired by Sandy's gift of hospitality; it always seemed more of a luxury to me than a ministry. But Sandy uses hospitality to create relationships, mend hurts, and restore spirits with simple acts of kindness and thoughtfullness.

Ironically, the lesson for my VBS class last night was "Plunge Into Service" and I talked a lot about hospitality: what Jesus did for his servants before the last supper (John 13:1-17), what He did for each of us, what we can do for others. The kids made thank you notes for the VBS volunteers and had a great time.

So...that's where I've been lately. VBS started Sunday night and ends tonight with a pool party. I (admittedly reluctantly) taught 3rd & 4th graders. Whoa! What a crew! We started Sunday night with 22 kids! Thankfully, the VBS directors agreed to divide the class and one of my helpers took half of the kids. After that, it went much better and it was a good experience - - but I'm glad it's over.

The chicks are doing well and growing quickly (pics this weekend).

One more full week of work for me. *happy dance* and then this will be me & DD all summer:

1 comment:

vintagechica said...

Ive had a nice time this morning catching up on what all you have been up to. The chicks are so sweet, I would love for my boys to experience that whole process.

Blessings friend.