Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So that's how it works

Working on a community promotional video project at work and we had our first day of shooting yesterday. It poured for most of the day and was miserably humid the rest of the day. So, we tried to do as much indoor shooting as possible. It's just amazing the amount of time and equipment it takes to make something look good on camera. The crew was great and worked very hard to make it as quick and painless as possible for the locations and subjects we picked. TV and the movies make it look so seamless and effortless - - like you just set up a camera and flip the switch...not so! Because of the weather, the crew will come back for another half day this summer to shoot outdoor shots and again in October to get some fall color and more interviews. The final product will be completed in November.

Kelli Crowe's post is too funny because DH and I say this all the time.

View the trailer here.

Here's the dialogue (bear with me):

"Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff," (he pushes all of the letters off the desk), "and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this" (he picks up the ashtray) "and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I am, some kind of a jerk or something? And this! And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair." [Outside the house] "And I don't need one other thing except my dog." (dog growls) "Well I don't need my dog." (Various scenes of Martin as he travels along, carrying his remote control, his paddle ball, his matches, his lamp, his chair, his magazine, but not his dog. Eventually, Martin spots a woman carrying a red and white thermos. He trades everything he has for the thermos.)

Ok, so maybe it's a little twisted, but it's funny to me!

No comments: