Thursday, January 19, 2006

The fine art of expressing oneself [not my best trait]

This blogging world is very interesting. For me, it's a way of expressing myself and keeping a record of my life, my feelings, my family and friends, and the issues that peak my interest (on any given day). This is a great thing, because I've never been good at keeping a journal. The flip side, of course, is that this information is privy to everyone in the world!

People who know me even a little know that I'm not good at keeping my ideas or opinions to myself. Although you'll always know how I feel about something, I'm not very good at expressing myself in a way that communicates my (usually) good intentions. I'll blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, which is usually very judgmental and harsh. The more time I have to think about it, the more information my little pea brain can process, the more people I talk to about their perspective - - the better I'm able to understand something.

I'm learning, I'm growing, I'm maturing . . . it's a slow process for me. I make mistakes, and even though I can't erase them I try to learn from them. I'm human. Bear with me . . . friends and neighbors.

No comments: