Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A birthday, a cat, cake, and a cow(boy)

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Now that I'm 35, I officially have to "round up." The extended celebration began on Friday, when DH brought Sam home. Sam is a little lover, but very lazy (he wouldn't even turn around or get up to lick this plate):
On Saturday, we went out for dinner and then to the Waterloo Blackhawks hockey game with friends and the kids. It was DD's first hockey game (we've created a monster). I got my first ipod - - after a little trepidation, I got it up and running and downloaded the "Once" soundtrack (good stuff!). After church on Sunday, my mom took DD and I out to the 4H omelet breakfast. DH and DD made a carrot cake for me on Sunday afternoon.
This is my little brother (11 years younger than me) - - okay he's not so little in that he towers over me now. He's truly a "cow-boy". He's fallen off his horse, literally and figuratively, many times but continues to perservere. He cusses a little, picks himself up, dusts himself off, and starts again. He recently returned to the area and, although I was hesitant at first, I'm so glad he's back. Our relationship hasn't been the best, but I think we've finally turned a corner. By the way, he's single ;)
"I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14, NIV)

After the omelet breakfast, we went out to my mom's house. Little bro brought up a new calf to show DD - - it was a twin! Although DD was a little overdressed for the cow yard, she got right in there.


No comments: